- Phased renovation and 69,000sf addition that includes four new preschool classrooms, six new kindergarten classrooms, a new kitchen and a storage addition to the gymnasium.
- As the result of a 2-year community engagement initiative, the design focuses on four primary concepts: playful, but refined; color blocking as wayfinding; inviting graphics; and bright, warm spaces.
- Renovated classrooms include updated finishes such as flooring and casework.
- A new playground that supports outdoor learning.
- Separate car and bus drop-off locations.
- Progressive technology integrated throughout the building.
The phased renovation and addition to Symmes Elementary School is a result of the SHP-led master plan and design of the $127.5M district building program. Designed with overall continuity in mind, the reimagined PK-4 elementary school building creates a sense of excitement for young learners embarking on their journey through Sycamore Community Schools.