- A new 170,000sf junior high school.
- New classrooms and labs, a large media center and a music suite.
- A new 850-seat theater that fits the entire 7th and 8th grade student body and supports community-use events.
- Two new gymnasiums, one competition and one auxiliary, as well as new athletic fields and tennis courts.
- A new cafeteria, kitchen and support spaces.
Replacing the 1926 building on its existing campus, the new Sycamore Junior High School is specifically designed to encourage learner development from the kid to teenager stage of a student’s journey through Sycamore Community Schools. The new building focuses on these primary design concepts: flight pattern geometry, wayfinding signage, and a color palette that features the district brand with a refined secondary palette.
Recommended for You
When employees return to their workplaces, there will be high expectations for how their workplaces facilitate a new, post-COVID definition of productivity. Jeffrey Sackenheim and Brady Mick explain why.Read More Balancing Act: Freedom, Transparency, Access and Safety in Schools
Security is an increasing concern among school administrators. On top of common issues like fights and bullying, school officials must […]Read More Personalized learning: The importance of teachers in a technology-driven world
As more and more people join the conversation around personalized learning and the role advancing technology plays in the future […]Read More