- A new three-story, 42,500sf branch library.
- Asymmetrical gable roof forms and rhythmic window spacing that bring a sense of contemporary expression to the modern design.
- A central courtyard space provides a quiet outdoor reading area at the heart of the plan, while simultaneously bringing daylight into many of the internal areas.
- A second-floor recessed covered porch provides opportunities for outdoor reading.
- Immersive technology solutions provide seamless connectivity to both the library’s catalog and beyond—allowing for video sharing and live-streaming.
The new Liberty Branch Library comprises three floors of flexible, visually and functionally connected spaces that provide strong connectivity to the outdoors. While embracing a vertical organization due to programmatic requirements and site constraints, the facility provides a sense of grounding and place through the use of vernacular forms and materials derived from the region’s historic farming community and agrarian landscape.