An innovative collaboration between Tri-Rivers Career Center, Marion Technical College and The Ohio State University at Marion, the Robotics & Advanced Manufacturing Technology Education Center (RAMTEC) is the first training facility of its kind in the State of Ohio. The project consisted of a 25,400 square foot addition and renovation.
- SHP worked with all three stakeholders in the programming of the new center to support industrial robotics and advanced manufacturing skills training in partnership with Central Ohio businesses, including Honda, Fanuc Robotics, Lincoln Electric and Motoman Corporation.
- The exterior design makes a stand-out statement and speaks to the cutting edge of the robotics industry. Silver metal panels contrast with the rest of the building, providing a progressive feel while the blue canopy brings attention to the entrance of the facility.
- A gallery/reception area greets visitors, offering a graphic display that highlights history.
- The open robotics lab provides plenty of program and repair space and is easily adaptable to change to support this rapidly evolving industry. The renovation of adjacent space in the Career Center delivers additional lab and classroom space to meet the program’s needs.
- We also renovated the Veterinary Assistant Program and Learning Center at the main campus.