It’s not uncommon for growing companies to take up several floors of office space. But when Staffmark engaged SHP to redesign its corporate headquarters, the company’s operations were spread out amongst five floors in the same building. (One department alone resided on three separate floors!)
SHP designed the firm’s new, 37,000-square-foot office space with efficiency and effectiveness top-of-mind. A more efficient use of space allowed the company—one of the top 10 commercial staffing firms in the country—to improve its back office and support functionality, operational efficiency, collaboration and inter-departmental communication.
- Aligning each department into more consolidated footprints has allowed for transparency and ease of communication across departments and support services.
- An open-concept floorplan, combined with approximately 110-square-feet of space per employee, is flexible enough to be reconfigured as Staffmark grows.
- Formal + informal collaboration spaces and private + semi-private huddle rooms encourage different work styles.
- A 500-square-foot learning theater allows for continuing education and professional development.
- Distributed coffee bars urge employees to circulate and socialize throughout the office, improving morale and company culture.