Seeking a long-range planning document to provide direction for future campus development, St. Bernadette engaged SHP to provide a comprehensive facility assessment and master plan of the school campus.
- Study of school campus site and functions, an analysis for current and forecasted needs, development of options, cost estimates and recommendations, and a phased implementation strategy.
- SHP developed and evaluated three options of varying scale, from re-use and reconfiguration to a complete campus transformation.
- The resulting solution addresses site circulation issues and student safety and improves the sense of arrival to the building.
- An 18,000 sf addition joins two existing buildings on campus and includes classroom space, the new facility will offer a cafeteria, kitchen and extended learning area (ELA).
- The ELA doubles as a large group meeting space and can be closed off from the school to support parish and evening school activities.