- A vibrant, appealing facade draws library patrons in, utilizing CHPL’s branding to create a strong identity for the community landmark.
- A central “marketplace” mimicking a storefront shopping experience greets patrons, prominently displaying the most popular materials.
- Multipurpose conference and meeting rooms are intended for after-hours group use, making the library an ideal hub for community activity.
- Technology is thoroughly integrated throughout the branch to increase equity in a digital world. A makerspace supports this initiative by providing a variety of tools available to all constituents.
- The large children’s area features nature-inspired decor (a “forest” for Forest Park). Fun interactive elements for sitting, playing and engaging develop an enthusiasm for learning, imagination and creative expression from an early age.
- An engaging teen area with gaming addresses the interests of this age group.
- Seating options accommodate lounging, heads-down work, and group gathering.
The new $19M Forest Park Branch Library is a part of CHPL’s Next Generation Library initiative. SHP’s engagement process resulted in a design that delivers modern flexible spaces focused on serving the Forest Park community.
*Renderings are conceptual and subject to change.