SHP provided electrical, plumbing and HVAC engineering design services for the transformation of Mean Streak Wooden Roller Coaster into the award winning and record breaking, hyper-hybrid Steel Vengeance Roller Coaster. Project Scope included site electrical improvements – midway lighting and power improvements, lighting improvements to the station and ride utility design for electrical and pneumatic systems, as well as HVAC for the ride controls.
- Assessment of existing electrical infrastructure, including utility owned primary transformers, secondary electrical distribution panels and site electrical items – including ride floor lighting, utility devices and site lighting.
- Design of electrical and control pathway distribution system to serve new ride components, including brakes, sensors, drive wheels, pneumatic control boxes, operator stations and lift motors – by working with ride manufacturer and owner’s maintenance staff. Design also included new ride mounted theme lighting and site lighting, as well as other site components – ride sign, locker building and queue line items (mister fans and fun TVs).
- Coordination of technology and sound improvements with owner’s IT team — including site infrastructure improvements, pathways for new security cameras, sound system and telephones.
- Design of pneumatic distribution piping and air compressor to support ride controls.
- Design of HVAC system for the ride controls.