Thank you for joining us at The Power of Making Workshop!
Please help yourself to the links and resources below.
Our speakers are:
Stephanie Donofe Meeks Director of Integrated Technology, Ohio Department of Education
Jean Trimble Librarian at Walnut Spring Middle School in Westerville City Schools.
Thomie Timmons Innovation Coordinator at Reynoldsburg City Schools
Jeff Parker Education Planner, Architect and Director of Visioning at SHP
Stephanie Donofe Meeks’ recommended link:
Jean Trimble’s recommended links:
If you click on “Creating a Makerspace” and scroll down towards the bottom of the page, you’ll find many articles as well as the INFOhio LibGuide at the bottom.
If you go to the Make Days and Design Challenges, there are many videos from past projects.
This is also the link to the INFOhio LibGuide: http://libguides.infohio.org/makerspaces/home
If you click on “MaKit” and then “Planning” you’ll see lots of articles about makerspaces
A couple other links:
A district-wide design challenge that I did for two years and will do again next year: http://trashtofashion.weebly.com/
A middle-school level project I coordinated two years ago: http://lyricalwesterville.weebly.com/
The two above links and the makerspace link can all be found on my library website: http://www.likeagoodbook.com/
Thomie Timmons’ recommended links:
Other really good stuff:
Some of our favorite Maker Learning videos:
- Gever Tulley, Five dangerous things every school should do – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyWA3p4aVHM
- Project-based Learning at High Tech High – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rv_rmJYorE
- Caine’s Arcade – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faIFNkdq96U&t=27s
- An Innovation Generation, Reynoldsburg HS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qliNFy7XLQI
- How the Maker Movement Connects Students to Engineering and Technology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9lvW6ZY-Gs
- Maker Education: Reaching All Learners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MDOB5-ocQc