Continued Growth: SHP Promotions & New Team Members
SHP is thrilled to announce that four outstanding employees have been promoted to new roles recently. Please join us in congratulating:
- Ron Cobb was promoted to the role of Plumbing Practice Leader. Cobb joined SHP in 2006 and most recently held the title of Senior Mechanical Engineer. He earned a bachelor of science in mechanical engineering from the Ohio State University, is a licensed engineer in 9 states and has 36 years of experience in engineering and systems design.
- Michael Guadiz was promoted to the role of Director of Finance. A graduate of the University of Cincinnati with a bachelor’s degree in accounting, Guadiz joined SHP in 2019 as a finance manager and has more than 15 years of experience in finance and accounting.
- Josh Predovich was promoted to the Director of Master Planning. Predovich has been with SHP for 22 years, having joined the team in 2001 as a project manager. A LEED-certified and licensed architect, Predovich holds a master’s degree in architecture from Miami University and has 28 years of experience in master planning and project management.
- Tom Poff was promoted to the role of Electrical Practice Leader. Poff joined SHP as a senior electrical designer and project manager in 2016; he has accrued more than 37 years of experience in MEP consulting and project management, covering a wide variety of project types.
We are also proud to announce the addition of seven new members to our team. Each new team member brings a different combination of experience and expertise to our firm, but we know that their professionalism and passion for our mission will benefit our clients and our business as a whole. Please join us in welcoming:
- Scott Williams. Scott is a Greensboro native and a registered architect with the North Carolina Board of Architecture. He holds a master’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte and is involved with the Preservation Greensboro Development Fund, a not-for-profit advocate for historic preservation. In addition to leading the growth of our Greensboro office, Scott is particularly invested in SHP’s work in the education studio: “What excites me the most about my work is meaningful design that, with schools in particular, can have such a positive impact on the users of the space,” he says.
- Caitlyn Bragg. Caitlyn holds a B.S. in Elementary Education from the University of Louisville and joined SHP following six years as an elementary school teacher with Campbell County Schools in Kentucky. In her role as a construction administrator, Caitlyn is a conduit for communication between SHP and our project consultants—and after molding young minds for several years, she is happy to still be “making a positive impact on my community,” she says.
- Josh Cooper. Josh graduated in 2023 with a bachelor’s in electrical engineering from the University of Cincinnati. He spent several years gaining real-world experience in building systems engineering as a co-op at both KLH Engineers and SHP before joining our team as a full-time electrical engineer. We’re especially thrilled to have Josh on our team full-time, as his professional mantra fits perfectly with our mission: “I can change and transform the lives of others through my work.”
- Olive Guess. Olive is a 2023 graduate of Miami University in Oxford and holds a B.F.A. in interior design. She gained significant experience as a student associate in the Planning, Engineering & Architecture department and interned at SHP before joining our Columbus office full-time to work on our K-12 school projects. Being a voice for all students is a concept that influences how Olive approaches interior design because she believes in the power of using inclusivity to guide her work: “It excites me to know that my designs are impacting students’ day-to-day lives and are present in their core memories being made at school,” she says.
- Ryan O’Callaghan. Ryan holds a B.S. in Architectural Engineering from the University of Cincinnati. He joined SHP as a co-op in 2022 before transitioning to a full-time role at our Cincinnati office following his graduation earlier this year. He’s excited to see what his future holds, saying, “In 30 years, I hope that I will continue to pursue knowledge and keep learning. In architecture and construction, there is always something new to learn!”
- Ben Punturi. Ben holds both a bachelor’s and master’s degree in architecture from Kent State University and was a member of the architectural fraternity Alpha Rho Chi during his academic career. Prior to joining our Columbus office as a project designer, he worked as an architectural associate at Ford & Associates Architects. Be sure to wish him good luck as he prepares for his final exam to become a licensed architect!
- Cole Trejchel. Cole has been with the SHP team as a co-op since 2020. Following his graduation from UC earlier this year, he transitioned to a full-time role on our electrical engineering team in Cincinnati. He is heavily involved with the “out-of-house” architects when working on projects, as well as working on the electrical design for many commercial bank buildings scattered across the nation. He also has a hand in SHP’s amusement park projects, which he describes as a very different and rewarding experience.